Looking for an easy, delicious one-pan dinner? This one-pan chicken with asparagus will become one of your favs!
When preparing meals, think protein and a green veggie whenever possible. Adding fiber in the form of a starchy, healthy vegetable (like a sweet potato) or brown rice makes a really filling and nutritious meal. This recipe is really easy to make even on the busiest days. You can cut up the chicken and asparagus and mushrooms ahead of time. I’m not a big mushroom fan, so I made this without the mushrooms.
Chicken with Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- ⅔ lb boneless, skinless free-range organic chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1 TB olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 cremini mushrooms, trimmed, wiped and cut into quarters
- 2 TB sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, chicken and onion to pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes, or until chicken begins to brown.
- Next, add garlic cloves & mushrooms and cook a few minutes more, tossing occasionally. Add asparagus & sun-dried tomatoes and cook until asparagus is bright green and still crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Crack some freshly ground pepper over the top and serve.
For a heartier meal, serve with brown rice or quinoa. Let me know what you think of this recipe!